WATERING TIPS AND WAYS TO CONSERVE WATER
* Water slowly and thoroughly.
* Recycle water:
- Final rinse water (except loads with bleach)
- Drip from air conditioners (produces 5 gallons in a 24 hour period)
- Divert water from downspouts toward dry areas
- Used water from the kitchen (cooking, leftover drinking, etc.)
* Use Gator Bags (plastic bags that slowly release water) for large trees.
* Use rain barrels to collect rainwater.
* Use a 5 gallon bucket with a few holes in the bottom to water large trees and a 2 liter bottle with the same to water smaller plants. This allows for a slow soaking – rather than runoff.
* Water early in the morning to cut down on evaporation.
* Cut one minute off your shower and turn off the water while brushing your teeth.